4 Days Sahara Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga and Zagora
organize guided 4-Day sahara tour from Marrakech to Merzouga and Zagora to explore best of Morocco. Our excursion from Marrakech are available everyday with hotel pick up.
What You Can Expect :
- Exploring High Atlas mountains
- Passing Berber villages and Tizi n Tichka pass
- Visit Unesco kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
- Visit Ouarzazate , Dades and Todra Gorges
- Camel ride in Merzouga desert
- Sleeping in desert camp
- Tour finishes in Marrakech
- Pick up from your Marrakech riad /hotel.
- Transport in A/C comfortable vehicle
- English speaking driver / guide
- Dinners and breakfasts
- Camel ride in Sahara desert
- Sleeping in desert camp
- Drop off at your hotel in Marrakech
Not Included :
- Lunches and drinks
- Entry fees for museums, monuments
4 Days - 3 Nights
DepartureYour Marrakech riad/ hotel or airport
Departure TimeDeparture on request, but standard departure time at 7 am.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing,, hat and sun glaces.
Day 1 : FROM MARRAKECH - OUARZAZATE - DADES VALLEY
Meeting at 8:00 with your driver at your riad / Hotel Marrakech, departure from Marrakech to the Dades valley, by the Tizi-N-Tichka pass (2260m) in the High Atlas Mountains. From Marrakech to Ouarzazate, you can enjoy the scenic route, beautiful landscapes with different colors and Berber villages along the way. You will have free time here to visit the old Kasbah of Ouarzazate "Kasbah of Taourirt" and have lunch, then you go further south towards the Dades valley passing by the valley of the roses and the fascinating oasis of the palm grove of Skoura. and night in the Dades Valley.
Day 2 : FROM DADES GORGE - TODRA GORGE - MERZOUGA DESERT (ERG CHEBBI)
After breakfast, departure from your hotel in the Dades Valley, around 8 am, taking the road of 1000 kasbahs around the colorful Berber villages of the Dades Valley. 45 km further on, you will come to Tineghir with its beautiful palm grove and the Jewish quarter. You continue to the Todra Gorge (Todgha), free time for a walk along the canyons of 300 m high, a favorite place for climbers. Then you will go to the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga Sahara desert and you will have time for lunch on the way before arriving at Erfoud. Then we will drive to the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. We continue deeper into the desert landscape until the dunes appear in the middle of nowhere. Sunset camel ride to get to the oasis where the camp is located. Spend the night in the bivouac in Merzouga under the nomad tents or outside under the shooting stars. Berber show / music with camel drivers. Dinner and overnight at camp in the desert.
Day 3 : MERZOUGA DESERT - TAZARINE - AGDEZ - ZAGORA
Early in the morning you will wake up to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of the Erg Chebbi, followed by a breakfast in the camp, a camel trek to return to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower . We head towards Rissani, a small town in the sub-Saharan region of Morocco, here we can stop to visit a fossil workshop before continuing to the Draa Valley, cross the beautiful landscapes of Berber villages of Tazarine and Nkob, stop to lunch in Nkob before continuing towards Zagora via the valley of Draa the small volcanic mountains of the Atlas. Night and dinner in Zagora in the bivouac or in a hotel.
Day 4 : ZAGORA - OUARZAZATE- aIT BENHADDOU - TELOUET - MARRAKECH
After breakfast, We head to Ouarzazate via the Draa Valley stop at Agdez to visit Kasbah Tamnougalt before continuing to Ouarzazate. Here we can enjoy a tour of the movie studios that is known as Hollywood of Africa. Then we will visit Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a palace of Pacha Laglaoui classified as World Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. This Kasbah has been used as a backdrop for more than 20 films, including "Gladiator", "Indiana Jones" and "Lawrence of Arabia". Enjoy a walk to discover the architecture of the traditional Moroccan style in which kasbahs are built. We continue our way to Marrakech by the High Atlas Pass and Tizi n'Tichka. Lunch break in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Arrival in Marrakech towards the end of the day. We deposit you at your Hotel "end of service".
Value For Money
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Departure point : Your Marrakech riad/ hotel or airport
- Departure time : Departure on request, but standard departure time
- Duration : 3 Days
- Return details : In your hotel or in the airport.