Full Day Trip to Imlil Valley from Marrakech
Escape bustling Marrakech and walk in Morocco’s High Atlas range on this day trip. Drive through the Toubkal National Park to the village of Imlil in the Atlas foothills, and enjoy a guided hike past waterfalls and Berber hamlets, learning about Berber culture on route. Tour a Berber village, savor a traditional Berber lunch, and enjoy an optional riverside camel ride. Lunch, private transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Imlil and Atlas Mountains day trip from Marrakech
- Ascend the Atlas foothills past Berber villages, walnut groves, and lush valleys
- Visit an argan oil co-operative and Berber market (Saturdays only)
- Guided 2- to 3-hour hike from Imlil to see waterfalls and Berber hamlets
- Traditional Berber lunch, plus mint tea and biscuits at a Berber family home (subject to availability)
- Optional camel ride by Moulay Ibrahim river
- Air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect :
Depart your Marrakech hotel by air-conditioned vehicle and travel south into the High Atlas Mountains to Imlil, a Berber village that’s the last hiking stop below Mt. Toubkal.
Follow twisting roads past lush valleys and terraced fields, and visit a women’s argan oil co-operative in the village of Tahnouat. Watch the workers making argan oil products and then ascend further to the village of Asni. If it’s a Saturday, stop to browse Asni’s traditional Berber market before continuing higher to Imlil, stopping for photos on route.
On arrival, enjoy a tea or coffee, and meet a local guide for your 2- to 3-hour trek. Walk through Berber hamlets, walnut orchards, and terraced fields; admire waterfalls and spectacular mountain panoramas; and hear about Berber culture and places of interest from your guide.
Break for a traditional Berber lunch and then continue to another Berber village, where, if possible on the day, you’ll visit a private family home for some refreshing mint tea or coffee with biscuits.
After leaving Imlil in the late afternoon, enjoy an optional camel ride by the River Moulay Ibrahim before finishing your tour with a drop-off at your Marrakech hotel.
- Return transport from Marrakech
- Local guide
- Cultural trek
- Camel ride
Not Included :
- Personal expenses
Departure TimePlease arrive by 08:45 AM for a prompt departure at 09:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 09am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 9 Houres (approx).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.